Monday, March 07, 2005

Quilting and Sewing Projects

So, from my October list of projects, I have completed the ladybug quilt for Annabel's bed, curtains for Annabel's bedroom, chenille scarf for Carol (well, I finished two, one I gave to Annabel, one still needs to be channel cut), guitar quilt for Greg (needs sleeve, label), and the top of the baby quilt for Ashley. I also made Mom and Dad a quilt flamingo wallhanging for their new house. Except I didn't get a sleeve or label on that before Christmas, so it's in a closet in their new house, not on the wall.

I have added to the list:
  • Blue-violet bedroom quilt
  • Kitchen curtains
  • Bedroom curtains
  • Flower wallhanging
  • Vegetable wallhanging
  • My computer bag
  • Tree wallhanging
  • Christmas décor: placemats and tablerunner, tree skirt, amarylis wallhanging
  • Two items for Mike that will probably be gifts so I won't say what they are here
Plus, I'm working on a flannel-backed lap quilt for me. I decided I had to have one when I was handquilting Annabel's flannel-backed ladybug quilt. It's a yellow brick road pattern, using several prints from Maywood's Gladiolas line. I fell in love with the large print cream, salmon, and garnet gladiolas on the chocolate background print. I have two-thirds of the blocks sewn and together, the fabrics don't look as good to me as they did on the bolt. I will wait until I've got it all together before making judgements.

No comments: